IN 2020 YOU Have Helped Turn Things 'Round
- Your Gift Built this New Roanoke Playground.
The Kiwanis Club of Roanoke and the children of our Roanoke Valley
Roanoke Kiwanis Invites Public To Attend Our Weekly Virtual Club Meetings
The Roanoke Kiwanis Club invites the public to attend our now virtual weekly Club meetings. Attendance is free of charge, no obligation, and does not require providing any personal information whatsoever. We have been serving the Roanoke community for 100 years, are one of the largest and most active Kiwanis Clubs in the world, and would be delighted to provide an hour of civic engagement to all who are interested. Community service is what we do, and what we continue to do during a pandemic. Our membership includes civic, nonprofit, and corporate leaders, as well as motivated area residents. Each Club meeting addresses Club business and includes a noteworthy speaker.
To view the Kiwanis Virtual Meeting Invitation video (1 minute), click: HERE!
ZOOM Virtual Meetings Held Wednesdays from 12:30 to 1:30 PM
Next meeting date: August 12, 2020 (connect as early as 12:15)
Meeting program: Allen Lawrence, General Manager Salem Red Sox
Meeting link, click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81885458366
Meeting ID: 818 8545 8366
One tap mobile +16465588656, 81885458366#
Dial by your location if you prefer to call in: +1 646 558 8656 US (East)
Meeting ID: 818 8545 8366
Future meeting dates: Aug 12, Aug 19, Aug 26
Recording of this week's Virtual Meeting
August 5, 2020: Weekly Meeting
ROANOKE KIWANIS ZOOM TUTORIAL VIDEO (5 minutes): CLICK HERE
JOIN US FOR THE KIWANIS CLUB OF ROANOKE
MOTION PICTURES AWARDS NIGHT
To Join by ZOOM - CLICK HERE TO JOIN
Meeting ID: 850 9689 7936
One tap mobile +16465588656,,85096897936# US (New York)
Or you can call in: +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) Meeting ID: 850 9689 7936
To view weekly videos or previous week's virtual meeting videos, refer to the VIDEO page in the menu above.
At a meeting of the Kiwanis Club of Roanoke board of directors this afternoon, the following items were presented and approved:
- Based upon public health recommendations relating to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), weekly meetings will be suspended for the next seven Wednesdays (March 18 through April 29);
- Club billing will be adjusted as follows: Full members will receive meal credits for the seven canceled Wednesday meetings on their bills going out this week; senior and spousal members will continue to be billed only for meetings attended during the previous quarter. Quarterly dues ($50) will remain the same for everyone.
President Cheri acknowledged the cooperation of our caterer, Amy Carter, and her staff as well as Charter Hall in working with us to make this arrangement feasible. She also thanked Vice President (and program chair) Clark Goodman and his team of monthly and weekly program coordinators in notifying speakers of the interruption of our program schedule.
Other upcoming club activities have been altered as follows:
- Kiwanis Pancake and Auction Day (KPAD), originally set for May 9, has been moved to September 19. Chairman Mike McEvoy will address his team of sub-committee chairs as to necessary adjustments in a forthcoming email.
- Our Mill Mountain Theatre club social scheduled for next Thursday, March 26, has been canceled.
- Clean Valley Day, originally set for April 4, has been postponed until May 16 – and remains subject to government clearance.
- The Blue Ridge Marathon, scheduled for April 18, is still on – but volunteers are asked to be alert for emails regarding possible changes.
- The Playground Groundbreaking, scheduled for April 24, has been canceled.
- Kids Fishing Day, scheduled for April 25, has been canceled.
- The academic scholarship committee continues its evaluation of applications and sponsorship recruitment but will be encouraged to conduct as much of its work as possible via phone, email and virtual meetings, including applicant interviews.
Kiwanis Capital District Governor David Lurie has written a memo regarding the Coronovirus that is attached for your perusal. Obviously, the pandemic is of primary concern throughout our region, the district, and internationally as well.
President Cheri has encouraged the board to extend regular contact to our members via phone and email during this period.
Please do not hesitate to contact either Cheri or myself if you have any questions or concerns that have not been sufficiently addressed.
Watch your inbox for important message regarding upcoming Kiwanis Club of Roanoke news – including participation in Roanoke Valley Gives Day this Wednesday, March 18.
Thank you for your continued commitment to our club. Be safe — and keep in touch.